Sunday, February 18, 2007

Welcome in the Year of the Pig

Happy Chinese New Year! Today marks the first day of the Year of the Fire Pig. The Chinese New Year is also known as the Spring Festival. It is a 15 day celebration that signals the end of winter and the coming of spring. It is based on the lunar calendar and begins with the second new moon after the winter solstice and ends with the full moon 15 days later. The full moon will be March 3rd,the end of the Festival this year.

On the 16th of this month, one year ago our dossier was logged in to the CCAA, Chinese Center for Adoption Affairs. We thought by now we'd be holding our Lily Ocean in our arms. From the looks of things, we hope to get our referral sometime between August and October of this year. We'd be traveling a couple of months later to China to meet her and pick her up.
I don't think I've ever waited this long for something I want so much!
We had Lily's room all ready, crib set up, books and toys ready...and now have decided to change the location of her room. That's one way to make the time pass...have a big painting and decorating project!
Just a bit about what it's like for me to wait....I dream about her, sometimes literally, sometimes day dreams...about what my hopes and wishes are for her, about being a mom, about where she is right now...is she born, is she in the womb, is she safe and cared for, is somebody loving her? At times I feel like she is a familiar part of me and because she is not here I miss her. Other times, it is stranger than I can imagine, traveling across the globe and coming back with a little girl. And, all of the time, I am grateful(!), grateful that David and I are in this process, that we have the means and the patience and desire to be in this process, that we are going to have so much fun and challenges and love,that our house will blessed with the laughter and music of a wee one.
We're ready...Bring her home to us!!!
Wishing you much peace and prosperity in the Year of the Pig.
Susan

No comments: